Tyvek® Soft Structure, soft and tear resistant
DuPont™ Tyvek® Soft Structure is a lightly bonded product with an embossed pattern, providing a softer, flexible substrate with the “hand”, or feel, of textile.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Soft Structure is ideal for promotional jackets, covers, theatre costumes and theatre sets, children’s play tents, tablecloths, windscreen shades, apparel and museum and artwork packaging.
Tyvek soft structure is used widely in museums and collector archiving, by specialist shipping companies and those wishing to protect precious items in storage or transit.
Tyvek Fabric 1442R Features
- Tyvek stops or filters out 99.9% of particles 0.5-0.7 micron. Liquid hold-out tests give Tyvek® the same high ratings, being non-absorbent and essentially inert.
- PEL offers Dupont Tyvek® 1442R 43gsm 145 micron thickness with anti-static finish to prevent dust attraction, the non-reactive coating is inert and not detrimental.
- Tyvek® is reusable and recyclable. It’s made from 100% HDPE, it contains no fillers or binders and it’s inert. Tyvek® is a responsible choice for archival storage and protection for works of art.
- Tyvek® is a smooth, non woven mesh of 100% high-density polyethylene fibres. It feels smooth as paper and as soft as fabric. The material is lint-free, tear-resistant and water-resistant.
- Tyvek® provides a breathable membrane which prevents moisture from being trapped in the covered item and causing condensation.
- Tyvek® 1442R and 1473R styles are issued on a 3” core whilst our 1622E is shipped on a 2” core.