Sewing Hard Structure Tyvek@ – Type 10
- Use 3-5 stitches/inch (1.2-2 stitches/cm) at low tension to eliminate skipping.
- Use #306 (Union Special) or #14 (Singer) needle, or equivalent.
- Use a flat tipped needle that cuts slit-like perforations. “Rock Point” (Union Special) or “Narrow Wedge” (Singer) will permit top speed operation with the same thread used for round-point needles.
- The informal industry standard of 25/4 tex (24/4cc) glace thread of short staple cotton in #14 and #036 needles have given satisfactory performance in outdoor banners when coupled with 16.5/3 tex (36/6cc) soft looper thread.
- If smaller diameter thread is required, 14.5/4 tex (40/4cc) glace thread of “Sak” quality should provide satisfactory results.